We run a set of courses for translators and simultaneous interpreters.
This intensive five-day course focuses on all the elements needed to become a well-rounded and successful translator using practical sessions and specialized teaching techniques.
It prepares students to sit the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) Diploma In Translation.
- Develop translation skills
- Learn useful software’s
- Understand the translation handling process
- Discuss the different purposes of translation (such as to get information, legal purposes, marketing, localization)
- Learn how to preserve quality and integrity
Understand files retrieval and management
- Learn the benefits of translation memory programs and their functionality (such as Trados, Word fast etc)
Introduction to Interpretation!
This course prepares translators for the CIOL's Institute of Linguists Educational Trust (IoLET) Diploma in Public Service interpretation exam. It consists of theory and pratical sessions.
- Develop interpretation skills
- Practice three modes of interpretation work
- Discuss relevant theoretical aspects of interpretation
- Identify principles and practice of interpretation
- Develop awareness of interpretation challenges inside and outside the booth
- Develop ability to work autonomously towards a professional standard
- Build up final impetus
- Enhance your interpretation skills as well as examination technique
- Learn the code of ethics for interpreters
Please contact us for more information on dates and prices.